We hope everyone who has had fun during past birdathons will enjoy it this year also. Please plan on birding any time between April 15 and May 31.
Summary of Rules:
1. At least two people per team so all sightings are confirmed by at least 2 team
2. Team members stay within sight of each other while birding.
3. Six hours per team.
4. Locations in Kent, Ottawa, Muskegon and Barry counties qualify.
5. Keep a list of your sightings and locations.
6. There is no pre-registration required.
7. You can be on as many teams as you like.
After you have completed the 6 hours please send your list using the birdathon submission form available to right with the names, addresses, email addresses (optional) of the team members, and ages for youth, along with a check for a minimum of $25.00 for each team.
Mail team information and results to:
Jill Goodell, 55 Lawndale Ave NE, Grand Rapids, MI 49503
-- delivered or postmarked by June 15.
There will be ‘traveling trophies’ awarded at the September meeting in the following categories:
- Most money raised by a team
- Most species observed by a team
- Rarest birds on a single team’s list
- Wild-card bird. This year the Baltimore Oriole – the most seen by a team
- Youth team competition – Most species observed by a team with at least half of the members under age 18 years.
- Possibly others to be determined
Thanks and have a great time!!